Need more information before applying? Click here to check out this program flyer!
Our application for the 2018-2019 school year is now open. If you want to apply, meet with your school counselor first for further information and to ensure GO CAPS will fit into your schedule. Contact Karen Kunkel with questions about the application process.
The application can be found here. The application does have four short answer questions so please take your time and put some effort into your answers. This is your opportunity to explain why GO CAPS is a good fit for you and what you hope to gain from the program. Students will be informed by the end of March of their acceptance status.
Tips for applying:
- Use complete sentences, capitalization and punctuation.
- Read through the questions carefully and be sure to answer all parts of the question.
- Consider writing out your answers to the short answer questions so that you can copy and paste them into the application Google Form. This will give you the opportunity to go back and edit your responses before submitting the form.
- Have someone proofread your responses. Keep in mind, this program is about YOU so make sure you are the one writing about your goals and expectations. A parent or counselor can make recommendations, but ultimately you are developing your responses.
- The Likert scale questions are NOT used to evaluate your application. These are questions to simply get you thinking about your personality so be honest in your responses.
Worried about fitting GO CAPS in with the other credits you need? Check out the list of school districts participating in the LAUNCH program. If your school district is on this list, you might be able to take a course online so you can still fit GO CAPS into your schedule. Contact your district’s liaison (listed on the page) if you are interested, or have any questions.
*If you think transportation could be a barrier to your participation in the program, click here to apply for transportation assistance.